Austin >Restaurants > Dominican Joe
515 S. Congress Ave., Austin, TX | Directions 7870430.256003 -97.746679
Dominican Joe's is the ideal meeting and study spot off South Congress. When I need a cup of Jo to go and a tasty taco, Do Jo's is a top choice.
Dominican Joe practically needs no introduction, but I include it on this list simply to point out how many meetings people seem to have here. What's that all about? Maybe it's the cavernous, multi-level space that could fit entire St. Ed's undergraduate courses if it wanted to, or the fact that it's open a bit later than most coffee joints ('til 11pm). Either way, Dominican Joe is just busy enough, not too noisy but not too freaky-quiet.
Delicious fair trade coffee in a library like setting ensure you are super productive. Come here to get work done and for business meetings.
COFFEE JUNKIE! – I stopped by because I LOVE Dominican Coffee and the location was convenient. I am a coffee junkie and I am ADDICTED to Starbucks. I chose this over Starbucks because of the free wifi and the place is big and comfy. I was PLEASANTLY surprised!! I ordered the vanilla latte. It was the best cup of coffee I have ever had. Full of flavor but not overly strong. The temperature was perfect- you don't burn your tongue with the first sip and the wifi was pretty rapid. It was a bit noisy and there was a long line but that only means people like them. It is good for study groups and meetings. I like the art on the wall and I like that is supports Dominican Republic...I have been to D.R. and they need the help! LOVE the coffee and service...will be back for sure!
Good Coffee Shop, Small Improvements Needed – I really enjoy spending time at Dominican Joe. The coffee is excellent and they have some decent snacks available. It has an excellent atmosphere 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time I find myself staring at whatever vagrant has stumbled in to the shop. It wouldn't be so distracting, except it seems to happen every time. And these aren't quiet, God-fearing homeless. These are clinically insane homeless that may or may not believe they are God. There are several that are regulars, one of which likes to see how long he can take to walk down the 4 steps in the middle of the coffee shop, as if he were in slow motion. I am sympathetic to the homeless and their problems, but only to the extent that I don't have to see or deal with them. Especially when they aren't spending money, they're just creaping out the patrons. Other than this, Dominican Joe is excellent.
Editorial Review – Crisp, green and airy, this fair trade coffee shop offers teas, juices, and aqua frescas along with its Dominican coffees.
quiet cool coffee place – This is a quiet, cool coffee place right off S Congress. I have been all over Austin, at lots of coffee places, and this one is one of the quietest. Free wireless, nice polite staff. They are so quiet I worry about their volume and how they pay their rent. Get the flan latte, as user below pointed to me, its outstanding.
There are homeless people all over Austin. Stop complaining - they come into every place, and every restaurant. If you dont like them, then go do some volunteer work.
Good service – Great coffee, good service, nice place to spend time. Do not agree with posting marked "bad homelss experience." Don't let that idiotic, narrow minded, self-centered individual's rating spoil opinion of this place. You really should check it out!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Dominican Joe on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.