Shopping >Clarksville Pottery Gallery
Painful Wedding Ring Experience.
*This is an edited review. After speaking directly with Chris Ploof regarding my experience with Clarksville, I have removed several statements and references.*
I purchased a meteorite wedding band from Clarksville and had an extremely negative experience. Before I go into details, I want to make it clear that all the issues outlined below are the fault of Clarksville alone and NOT the actual studio that creates the ring.
Below is a summarized list of my experience with Clarksville.
- The ring was 2 weeks late arriving (paid for 6 weeks ahead of time), and I had to repeatedly follow up throughout the two weeks to get status reports. They never once were proactive about contacting me.
- The ring arrived 2 days before my wedding. We arranged via email to meet the owner a few minutes after closing time to pick up the ring. They closed the store and left, and we got left standing outside knocking on the windows. I didn’t get my ring until ONE day before my wedding.
- It did not arrive as ordered. It was supposed to rounded, and it was not. They said it could be corrected after the wedding.
- A few weeks after the wedding, I wanted to arrange for it to be sent to be fixed. I had to contact them over three times before they finally responded.
- The ring was 3.5 weeks LATE returning. I had to follow up over 10 times to find out when it would be arriving. Most often, I had to email two times or more before I got a response. Again, zero proactive communication from them.
- After documenting and airing my grievances, they agreed to refund the cost of the rounding. Please, just guess how long that took? TWO MORE MONTHS. I had to email repeatedly, and it became painfully obvious they were avoiding my emails.
The whole process took more than 6 months! It took less time to buy my house!
My recommendation to the potential buyer – contact Chris Ploof’s studio directly for your needs. Chris took the time to get in touch with me after reading about my experience online. I am glad he did; I would have not known that all the blame that Tom (owner of Clarksville) directed toward him was untrue.
It is really unfortunate that Clarksville would conduct themselves in such a scandalous and unethical manner. Shame on them!
As a side note, I love my ring! It is gorgeous, and the studio does superior work.
This review is in response to
THebert0813. I am the owner of Chris Ploof Designs.
Not once was Chris Ploof Designs contacted by THebert0813. I'm not sure what she was told by Clarksville, but all of her problems with timing and delivery, as well as the wrong ring being delivered, were due to Clarksville. Clarksville Pottery did not have a valid account with us when the order was placed. Clarksville placed the order for a flat, not rounded, ring. All delays stemmed from us waiting for payment for the goods ordered, which we chased Clarksville for multiple times weekly. Our follow up when we have rings that we know customers are waiting for borders on obsessive.
We have helped customers directly that have not received the proper amount of attention that we felt Clarksville should be giving. But until a customer contacts us for help, our hands are tied. We don't know who the end wearer is, just that we have a ring sitting that we are awaiting payment for.
Both mentions of other manufactures of similar products are valid, but we urge you to compare quality - get samples from them and us - as our rings are the best made meteorite rings both on (and off!) the planet. We have won awards and accolades, been published countless times, due to our keen and unique attention to details in a copycat, soulless jewelry world.
I am truly sorry THebert0813 had a bad experience, but rather than writing a bad review of us, she should have contacted us and checked her facts first. Her problem is with Clarksville, not Chris Ploof Designs.
clarksville pottery - what a joke. way over priced....it is not a wing of the blanton museum. stuffy and overbearing atmosphere.
Very Overpriced. I would recommend doing comparison shopping before deciding to purchase anything in this store. They are very overpriced and chances are you will find the items somewhere else much cheaper. If you dont you will get burnt on the deal.
Good service and beautiful jewelry. I got my engagement ring here and my fiance and I had a great experience. The salepeople were friendly and not at all pushy. They also have the best ring selection I've seen in town.
More than pots and paintings, newlyweds-to-be need to beat a path to this door..
Clarksville focuses on the handcrafted and artistic. Find rings by budding artists or order a custom creation through the store liaison. Looking for an old-fashioned romantic ring? Larry Van Cranus' designs are flowery and filigreed and very lovely, indeed. If you're more of a modern Romeo, rings by Stephen Dickson have an architectural quality and are designed to mix and match, fitting together sharp shaped bands and interesting stones for nontraditional settings.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!